Blogger Widgets

Finding Nemo

This time on my niece's 3rd birthday, I took a break from the tiaras, prince charmings, and fairy god-mothers to go under the sea. Yah... The Little Mermaid would've been really awesome but no... I went under the big blue to make an amigurumi of a cute but sometimes missing clown fish. You know who I'm talking about... Ah? Ah? Seriously, the pic's just over there <----. ^3^

Okay, originally my sister-in-law and I agreed that I'd make Anna and Elsa dolls from Frozen 'coz according to her my niece is gaga over the animated film. So since last year I've been prepping to create the dolls; tweaking Serah Basnet's doll pattern, coming up with the right color scheme for the yarns, the whole she-bang. Basically, I was more than ready to take on the Anna and Elsa ami challenge. Then bam!!! My sister-in-law drops it on me... She says that my niece would rather have Nemo than Elsa and Anna. I was like, "Say what now?!!!". Apparently, early this year my niece became a Finding Nemo nut and has been watching the film over and over for days on end. Huh! Her brain got fried with fishes. Hahaha! 

And that was it... Bye-bye Elsa and Anna, hello cute little clownfish. Damn! It's really a good thing that I haven't bought the skeins yet. That would've really sucked and an unimaginable pain to my wallet. Hahaha! ^^

Anyway, this Nemo amigurumi is quite the challenge since it's the first time I crocheted a fish. Plus, instead of making several small-size characters I decided to just make one giant Nemo big enough to be my niece's pillow. A fish my niece can wrestle with and ride to her heart's content, making her playdate 20% cooler. Hehehe! ^^

So to make a huge fish I had to use a bigger hook and just like what I did with Plue, I put together skeins of yarn to make it into one big thread. This time I only combined two since I didn't want Nemo to be that big. Besides, any bigger and I'd get prosthetic hands. Yowza! T3T


NEMO
Materials:
Monaco Yarn Shade #25 - Fire (20-24 skeins)
Monaco Yarn Shade #1 - Snow (8-10 skeins)
Monaco Yarn Shade #100 - Raven (6-8 skeins)
Crochet Hook - K10.5 (6.5 mm)
Felt cloth:
           - Orange
           - White
Black thread
Black marker
Fiberfill stuffing
*(Raven-Fire) inc = Sc with Raven then sc in the same st with Fire
*(Fire-Raven) inc = Sc with Fire then sc in the same st with Raven

HEAD/BODY
(Fire)
Rnd 1: 7sc in mr (7)
Rnd 2: inc around (14)
Rnd 3: 1sc-inc (21)
Rnd 4: sc around (21)
Rnd 5: 2sc-inc (28)
Rnd 6: sc around (28)
Rnd 7: 3sc-inc (35)
Rnd 8: FLO, [1sc-inc] 17x, 1sc (52)
Rnd 9: 12sc-inc (56)
Rnd 10: sc around (56)
Rnd 11: 13sc-inc (60)
Rnd 12: sc around (60)
Rnd 13: 12sc, [inc-6sc] 5x, inc, 12sc (66)
Rnd 14: sc around (66)
Rnd 15: 12sc, [inc-7sc] 2x, inc, 8sc, [inc-7sc] 2x, inc, 12sc (72)
Rnd 16: sc around (72)
Rnd 17: 12sc, [inc-8sc] 2x, inc, 10sc, [inc-8sc] 2x, inc, 12sc (78)
Rnd 18: sc around (78)
Rnd 19: 12sc, [inc-10sc] 2x, inc, 8sc, [inc-10sc] 2x, inc, 12sc (84)
Rnd 20-22: sc around (84)
(Raven)
Rnd 23: 12sc, [inc-11sc] 2x, inc, 10sc, [inc-11sc] 2x, inc, 12sc (90)
(Snow)
Rnd 24-25: sc around (90)
Rnd 26: 12sc, [inc-12sc] 5x, inc, 12sc (96)
Rnd 27-28: sc around (96)
(Raven)
Rnd 29: 12sc, [inc-13sc] 2x, inc, 14sc, [inc-13sc] 2x, inc, 12sc (102)
(Fire)
Rnd 30-31: sc around (102)
Rnd 32: 12sc, [dec-13sc] 2x, dec, 14sc, [dec-13sc] 2x, dec, 12sc (96)
Rnd 33-34: sc around (96)
Rnd 35: (Raven) [12sc-dec] 2x, (Fire) 12sc, [dec-12sc] 2x, (Raven[dec-12sc] 2x (90)
Rnd 36: (Snow) 26sc, (Raven) 1sc, (Fire) 36sc, (Raven) 1sc, (Snow) 26sc (90) 
Rnd 37: (Snow) 27sc, (Raven) 1sc, (Fire) 34sc, (Raven) 1sc, (Snow) 27sc (90)
Rnd 38: (Snow) 12sc, dec, 11sc, dec, 1sc, (Raven) 1sc, (Fire), 9sc, dec, 10sc, dec, 9sc, (Raven) 1sc, (Snow) 1sc, dec, 11sc, dec, 12sc (84)
Rnd 39: (Snow) 27sc, (Raven) 1sc, (Fire) 28sc, (Raven) 1sc, (Snow) 27sc (84)
Rnd 40: (Snow) 28sc, (Raven) 1sc, (Fire) 26sc, (Raven) 1sc, (Snow) 28sc (84)
Rnd 41: (Snow) 12sc, dec, 10sc, dec, 3sc, (Raven) 1sc, (Fire) 6sc, dec, 8sc, dec, 6sc, (Raven) 1sc, (Snow) 3sc, dec, 10sc, dec, 12sc (78)
Rnd 42: (Snow) 28sc, (Raven) 1sc, (Fire) 20sc, (Raven) 1sc, (Snow) 28sc (78)
Rnd 43: (Snow) 29sc, (Raven) 1sc, (Fire) 18sc, (Raven) 1sc, (Snow) 29sc (78)
Rnd 44: (Snow) 12sc, dec, 8sc, dec, 6sc, (Raven) 2sc, dec, 10sc, dec, 2sc, (Snow) 6sc, dec, 8sc, dec, 12sc (72)
(Snow)
Rnd 45-46: sc around (72)
Rnd 47: 12sc, [dec-7sc] 2x, dec, 8sc, [dec-7sc] 2x, dec, 12sc (66)
Rnd 48-49: sc around (66)
Rnd 50: 12sc, [dec-6sc] 5x, dec, 12sc (60)
Rnd 51: sc around (60)
(Raven)
Rnd 52: sc around (60)
(Fire)
Rnd 53: 13sc-dec (56)
Rnd 54-55: sc around (56)
Rnd 56: 12sc-dec (52)
Rnd 57-58: sc round (52)
Rnd 59: 11sc-dec (48)
Rnd 60: sc around (48)
Rnd 61: 10sc-dec (44)
(Raven)
Rnd 62: sc around (44)
(Snow)
Rnd 63: 9sc-dec (40)
Rnd 64: sc around (40)
Rnd 65: 8sc-dec (36)
Rnd 66: sc around (36)
Rnd 67: 7sc-dec (32)
(Raven)
Rnd 68: sc around (32)
FO, weave in ends    

EYEBALLS (2x)
(Snow)
4ch
Rnd 1: sc on 2nd ch from hook, sc around (6)
Rnd 2: inc around (12)
Rnd 3: 1sc-inc (18)
Rnd 4: 2sc-inc (24)
Rnd 5-6: sc around (24)
FO, leave tail for sewing
*Cut out eyes from orange and white felt paper
*Use a black marker to draw the pupils
*Glue eyes to eyeballs

TAIL-TIP (2x)
(Raven)
11ch
Row 1: inc on 2nd ch from hook, 2sc, (Fire) 4sc, (Raven) 2sc, inc, ch1-turn (12)
Row 2: (Raven) inc, 1sc, (Fire) 8sc, (Raven) 1sc, inc, ch1-turn (14)
Row 3: (Raven) inc, (Fire) 12sc, (Raven) inc, ch1-turn (16)
Row 4: (Raven) inc, (Fire) 14sc, (Raven) inc, ch1-turn (18)
Row 5: (Raven) inc, (Fire) 16sc, (Raven) inc, ch1-turn (20)
Row 6: (Raven) inc, (Fire) 18sc, (Raven) inc, ch1-turn (22)
Row 7: (Raven) inc, (Fire) 20sc, (Raven) inc, ch1-turn (24)
Row 8: (Raven) inc, (Fire) 22sc, (Raven) inc (26)
FO, weave in ends

*Put together the two tail tips

*Make sure the sides where the excess yarns from the color change are inside
*No need to stitch, just work on both when crocheting the rounds
*Connect yarn to one of the edges of the tail tip and mark as first sc
*Continue working on rounds to complete the tail

TAIL
(Fire)
Rnd 9: inc, 24sc, 2inc, 24sc, inc (56)
Rnd 10-11: sc around (56)
Rnd 12: 12sc-dec (52)
Rnd 13: sc around (52)
Rnd 14: 11sc-dec (48)
Rnd 15: sc around (48)
Rnd 16: 10sc-dec (44)
Rnd 17-18: sc around (44)
Rnd 19: 9sc-dec (40)
Rnd 20-21: sc around (40)
Rnd 22: 8sc-dec (36)
Rnd 23: sc around (36)
Rnd 24: 7sc-dec (32)
FO, leave tail for sewing
*Use black thread to stitch in lines to add detail
*Stitch to the body

RIGHT FIN
(Raven)
21ch
Rnd 1: inc on 2nd ch from hook, 18sc, 2inc, 18sc, inc (44)
Rnd 2: (Raven-Fire) inc, (Fire) 20sc, (Fire-Raven) inc, (Raven-Fire) inc, (Fire) 20sc, (Fire-Raven) inc (48)
Rnd 3: (Raven) 1sc, (Fire) 22sc, (Raven) 2sc, (Fire) 22sc, (Raven) 1sc (48)
Rnd 4: (Raven-Fire) inc, (Fire) 22sc, (Fire-Raven) inc, (Raven-Fire) inc, (Fire) 22sc, (Fire-Raven) inc (52)
Rnd 5: (Raven) 1sc, (Fire) 24sc, (Raven) 2sc, (Fire) 24sc, (Raven) 1sc (52)
Rnd 6: (Raven-Fire) inc, (Fire) 24sc, 2inc, 24sc, (Fire-Raven) inc (56)
Rnd 7: (Raven) 1sc, (Fire) 54sc, (Raven) 1sc (56)
Rnd 8: (Raven-Fire) inc, (Fire) 26sc, 2inc, 26sc, (Fire-Raven) inc (60)
Rnd 9-11: (Raven) 1sc, (Fire) 58sc, (Raven) 1sc (60)
(Fire)
Rnd 12: sc around (60)
Rnd 13: dec, 26sc, 2dec, 26sc, dec (56)
Rnd 14-15: sc around (56)
Rnd 16: dec, 24sc, 2dec, 24sc, dec (52)
Rnd 17-18: sc around (52)
Rnd 19: dec, 22sc, 2dec, 22sc, dec (48)
Rnd 20-21: sc around (480
Rnd 22: dec, 20sc, 2dec, 20sc, dec (44)
Rnd 23-24: sc around (44)
Rnd 25: dec, 18sc, 2dec, 18sc, dec (40)
Rnd 26: dec, 16sc, 2dec, 16sc, dec (36)
Rnd 27: dec, 14sc, 2dec, 14sc, dec (32)
Rnd 28: dec, 12sc, 2dec, 12sc, dec (28)
Rnd 29: dec, 10sc, 2dec, 10sc, dec (24)
FO, leave tail for sewing
*Use black thread to stitch in lines to add detail
*Stitch to the body

LEFT FIN (BROKEN) - A
(Raven)
5ch
Rnd 1: inc on 2nd ch from hook, 2sc, 2inc, 2sc, inc (12)
Rnd 2: (Raven-Fire) inc, (Fire) 10sc, (Fire-Raven) inc (14)
Rnd 3: (Raven-Fire) inc, (Fire) 12sc, (Fire-Raven) inc (16)
Rnd 4: (Raven-Fire) inc, (Fire) 14sc, (Fire-Raven) inc (18)
Rnd 5: (Raven-Fire) inc, (Fire) 16sc, (Fire-Raven) inc (20)
Rnd 6: (Raven-Fire) inc, (Fire) 18sc, (Fire-Raven) inc (22)
FO, weave in ends

LEFT FIN (BROKEN) - B
(Raven)
7ch
Rnd 1: inc on 2nd ch from hook, 4sc, 2inc, 4sc, inc (16)
Rnd 2: (Raven-Fire) inc, (Fire) 14sc, (Fire-Raven) inc (18)
Rnd 3: (Raven-Fire) inc, (Fire) 16sc, (Fire-Raven) inc (20)
Rnd 4: (Raven-Fire) inc, (Fire) 18sc, (Fire-Raven) inc (22)
Rnd 5: (Raven-Fire) inc, (Fire) 20sc, (Fire-Raven) inc (24)
Rnd 6: (Raven-Fire) inc, (Fire) 22sc, (Fire-Raven) inc (26)
FO, weave in ends

*After completing broken fins A and B, stitch them together with 2 stitches
*Connect yarn to one of the edges of the broken fin and mark as first sc
*Continue working on rounds to complete the broken fin

LEFT FIN (BROKEN)
(Fire)
Rnd 7-11: sc around (44)
Rnd 12: dec, 18sc, 2dec, 18sc, dec (40)
Rnd 13-14: sc around (40)
Rnd 15: dec, 16sc, 2dec, 16sc, dec (36)
Rnd 16-17: sc around (36)
Rnd 18: dec, 14sc, 2dec, 14sc, dec (32)
Rnd 19: dec, 12sc, 2dec, 12sc, dec (28)
Rnd 20: dec, 10sc, 2dec, 10sc, dec (24)
FO, leave tail for sewing
*Use black thread to stitch in lines to add detail
*Stitch to the body

I'm not really confident and satisfied with the dorsal fin pattern. I tried everything that I could think of and had to remake this more times than I could count. It's not perfect but really not that bad either. Oh well... Like what Steven Universe always says, "If every porkchop was perfect we wouldn't have hotdogs".

DORSAL FIN - A
(Raven)
Rnd 1: 6sc in mr (6)
Rnd 2: (Raven-Fire) inc, (Fire) inc, (Fire-Raven) inc, (Raven-Fire) inc, (Fire) inc, (Fire-Raven) inc (12)
Rnd 3: (Raven) 1sc, (Fire) [inc-1sc] 2x, (Fire-Raven) inc, (Raven) 1sc,  (Fire[inc-1sc] 2x, (Fire-Raven) inc (18)
Rnd 4: (Raven) 1sc, (Fire) 1sc, [inc-2sc] 2x, (Fire-Raven) inc, (Raven) 1sc,  (Fire) 1sc, [inc-2sc] 2x, (Fire-Raven) inc (24)
Rnd 5: (Raven) 1sc, (Fire) 10sc, (Raven) 2sc, (Fire) 10sc, (Raven) 1sc (24)
FO, weave in ends

DORSAL FIN - B/D (2x)
(Raven)
Rnd 1: 6sc in mr (6)
Rnd 2: (Raven-Fire) inc, (Fire) inc, (Fire-Raven) inc, (Raven-Fire) inc, (Fire) inc, (Fire-Raven) inc (12)
Rnd 3: (Raven) 1sc, (Fire) [inc-1sc] 2x, (Fire-Raven) inc, (Raven) 1sc,  (Fire[inc-1sc] 2x, (Fire-Raven) inc (18)
Rnd 4: (Raven) 1sc, (Fire) 7sc, (Raven) 2sc, (Fire) 7sc, (Raven) 1sc (18)
FO, weave in ends

DORSAL FIN - C
(Snow)
10ch
Rnd 1: sc on 2nd ch from hook, sc around (18)
FO, weave in ends

*After completing dorsal fin parts A and B, stitch them together with 2 stitches
 
*Connect yarn to one of the edges of the dorsal fin and mark as first sc
*Continue count from dorsal fin A

DORSAL FIN - AB
Rnd 6-9: (Raven) 1sc, (Fire) 17sc, (Raven) 2sc, (Fire) 17sc, (Raven) 1sc (38)

*Stitch dorsal fin C to A with 2 stitches
*Stitch dorsal fin D to C with 2 stitches
*Connect yarn to the edge of dorsal fin D and mark as first sc
*Continue working on rounds to complete the dorsal fin

Rnd 10-16: (Raven) 2sc, (Fire) 7sc, (Raven) 1sc, (Snow) 6sc, (Raven) 1sc, (Fire) 17sc, (Raven) 2sc, (Fire) 17sc, (Raven) 1sc, (Snow), 6sc, (Raven) 1sc, (Fire) 7sc (68)
FO, leave tail for sewing
*Stitch to the body 
To give a pretty clear idea how big Nemo is, I used my leg for size. Take note that I'm 5'4'' in height. Yah, pretty tall for Filipino standards but petite in most parts of the world. Ooh! Good thing I just had my pedicure. Hehehe! ^^
 
Wrapping was also fun, had to use a large, extra thick manila paper to make a bag for it. I didn't bother adding art to the wrapping since it was already late and my niece was just gonna rip it apart anyway, so what's the point? Cynical much! Wooh! OvO
Hands down, this was the hardest ami I ever made. Not just the size but coming up with the pattern was a big pain in the butt. So hard that I had to ask my sister-in-law for one more week of extension 'coz I couldn't get the blasted dorsal fin right. I hate cramming and missing deadlines so the fact that this happened really meant this was really one hell of an amigurumi. Of course I'm satisfied with how it came out but as always, there's always room for improvement. Anyway, my niece loved it and that's all that matters. -^.^-



Copyright: Nemo is an original pattern written by Duchess Gala. You may do whatever you want with the finished product but please do not sell or claim the pattern as your own. Also, do not post the pattern directly to your website. Just link it to this blog. ^^ 


Disclaimer: Some of the images are not mine and can be searched online

77 Comments:

  1. This is my first Amigurumi. I've made it through the head/body, tail tip/tail sections! woohoo!!
    I'm getting stuck on the fins. I read how to work the (orange-black) and (black-orange) but I do not understand why and what it's supposed to look like. So I'm not sure I am doing it correctly. Could you explain this to me please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all... Wow! First amigurumi and you took on one of the hardest patterns I ever came up with. I like your style, not afraid to go big. Hehehe Anyway, which fin are you having difficulty with? The left or right one? ^^

      Delete
    2. I actually re-read the pattern and slept on it. I realized I was just reading the pattern wrong.
      I figured it out!! I finished the whole project yesterday! I added a felt mouth to him too! I put pictures on Ravelry (my user name is rebekahcl)

      Delete
    3. I had a feeling the person who commented here and on Ravelry was the same person. ^^ Hehehe Saw your Nemo and it was awesome. Really liked what you did with the felt mouth. Thanks so much for trying out my pattern. It means a lot to me when people do projects out of the amigurumis I create. ^^

      Delete
    4. Do you have plans to make a Dory amigurumi in the future?

      Delete
    5. Hmm... That depends. Would you like me to make one for the "Finding Dory" Pixar film next year? ^^ Hehehe

      Delete
    6. You pegged me! haha I am a little too excited for the movie to come out!

      Delete
    7. Me either. Finding Nemo is one of my Pixar faves. Hehehe! I wouldn't mind making a Dory pattern but it might take me a while. Hopefully I'll get to make it before the movie comes out. Cross fingers! ^^

      Delete
  2. This is awesome. I want to make one of these for my husband, as he is into saltwater fish. Although this may be a little to big. Is there a way to make it smaller?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. ^^ Well, the easiest way to adjust the size is to use a smaller hook and yarn. Instead of putting two 4-ply yarns together to make one bulky skein like I did, just use a single skein. If you want it the size of a plushie I suggest you use a 3.75 or 4 mm, but if you prefer a little bigger then go for 4.5 or 5 mm. I'm not 100% sure about the hook since I haven't tried it myself. But I'm sure instinct will kick in and you'll know what to use. That usually happens to me, most of the time I just wing it. Hehehe I'm really excited to see how this goes. Good luck making a Nemo for your husband, I'm sure he'll love it. Just give me a buzz if you need further help. ^^

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much:)

      Delete
  3. I'm working on your amazing nemo pattern, and as I look ahead toward the end of the body, it looks like I'm not seeing rounds in Orange? The rounds that go between the second white stripe and third? Am I just missing it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it was was round 53. It called to go to white, but looking at your picture I saw it was supposed to be orange. May I email you?

      Delete
    2. I checked and you're right, that was supposed to be in orange. Sorry my bad. I already corrected the mistake. Would you still need my email? ^^

      Delete
    3. That was the only trouble I had ☺️ you did awesome creating this pattern. I modified by using a 3.25 hook and my four year old has been carrying it around all afternoon! Can't wait to see if you come up with a dory!

      Delete
    4. Wow! I'm glad to hear your son loved it. ^^

      You and me both. I hope I'll have the time to make Dory before the Pixar movie comes out. Hahaha!

      Delete
    5. Please make dory!! ☺️☺️☺️

      Delete
    6. Hahaha! I'll try my best to give time for it. ^^

      Delete
  4. Hello, My name is Valerie. I am expecting my granddaughter in May. My daughter asked me to make something with Nemo as the theme. I fell in love with your Nemo amigurumi. It seems as though that Monaco yarn you used is discontinued. What yarn would you suggest I use as a substitute?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Discontinued? I wouldn't know since I haven't bought some lately and my inventory is somewhat still in full stock. I'll do a little sleuthing on that later. ^^ As a substitute... Hmm... That's a tough one since I honestly haven't used any yarn other than Monaco Acrylic. I could suggest you try the Red Heart Super Saver although it's not as dense as Monaco. Or you could just forget about putting together 2 4ply yarns and go with the already thick 8-10ply bulky skein that can already fit the K10.5 hook. It really depends on how big you want Nemo to come out. ^^

      Delete
    2. I did a little research and it seems that Monaco is still operational. They just reconstructed to a different website. I'm not sure if we're exactly on the same page, but here is their new website: http://www.monacomfgcorp.com.ph/

      Delete
  5. Hi sweety,
    I'm Dalia, an engineer from Egypt.
    I like your pattern so much, and i searched for this to make a gift to my life coach for his little kid who love Nemo.
    Thanks alot, I gonna start today, Allah willing.
    I wanna ask you about some abbrivations you used at (Head/body) section like:

    mr (Rnd1), Flo (Rnd8) & Fo (Rnd64)
    I hope to succeed in this project like yours
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mr = magic ring
      Flo = Front Loop Only
      FO = Fasten Off

      Good luck with the Nemo project. I'm sure your life coach will love it. ^^

      Delete
  6. Hello sweety,
    I have almost completed the project, the remaining is only fins and filling with fiber. Then you can have a look on my Nemo :)
    I wanna ask you about Rnd1 in right& left fins
    How can i turn 21ch (start in right fin) into 44sc (at Rnd 1), and the sane at left fin?
    Can you explain (inc f t om 2nd ch from hook)??
    Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I'll explain how to do Rnd 1 of the right fin since the technique is almost the same with the left one...

    So after making 21 chains, you will work on the pattern in rounds. Meaning you will work both sides of the chains.

    This is where "inc on 2nd ch from hook" comes in... From your hook, you count 2 chains. Where your hook is looped that counts as the first chain, so the chain beside it is the second and that's where you'll start Rnd 1. Do an increase, then 18sc and etc. Work around it like you would a magic circle except it's in a more elongated form.

    Was that clear? I hope it helped. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very clear, i'll apply it now :)
      Thanks alot

      Delete
  8. So, shall i fill fins & tail with fiber??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can fill it with fiber but not too much. Just enough to give it shape and a little volume. ^^

      Delete
    2. Please help me with the tail. How do I go from rows to rounds? I'm confused.

      Delete
  9. Hello sweety,
    Now, i can say that i have finished my Nemo
    You can't imagine how this project helped me so much in the hard time i never passed before,
    Nemo was the main reason to control my temper & Charge my power to overcome my problems.
    Thank God, now my problem was gone and my Neme was done :)
    I appreciate your effort and your patience with my questions
    Thanks alot,
    How can i send you photos of my Nemo, to get your feedback?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That's good to hear. I'm glad that my Nemo pattern was a big help to you. I really don't mind the questions. I'm always happy to help. ^^

      Oh you really don't have to ask for my feedback. I'm sure it's perfect. But if you really want to, I think there's an option here where you can send me an email. You can also try Ravelry if you like. ^^

      Delete
  10. Hi! I am trying to figure out the yarn usage so that when I find a good substitute yarn I can make sure to get the right amount of yarn... And you doubled 4 ply yarn or 3 ply? Thanks for all of your help...Look forward to creating this for an awesome little boy who will love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I put together two skeins to make an 8-ply yarn. It fits my K10.5 hook perfectly. ^^

      No problem, I do what I can to help. I know my patterns are not perfect so I try my best to assist everyone.

      Good luck on your Nemo project. I'm sure that awesome little boy will love it. ^^

      Delete
  11. I really want to make this, but would like to make it at smaller size. Is there an easy way to do that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That depends, how small do you want it? Making it into plushie size might require major adjustments.

      You could try using a smaller hook and single skein instead of the double I did.

      Delete
  12. I did this for my nephew's son for Christmas he's 9 and loved it. I would use 4ply(uk) to make it smaller. Or even crochet cotton.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear. Thanks for the tip, many crocheters are actually asking how they can make this jumbo Nemo smaller. Hehehe! ^^

      Delete
  13. I have whats called "punch thread" coming to make Nemo in itty bitty scale. this thread is the one used for all those finger tip sized critters you can see all over the net...i'll be using more then likely a steel 10 for my attempt at your pattern...i still have like 3 weeks til my materials come in...the pattern reads really well and i cant wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a very exciting project. I can't wait to see your itty-bitty version of a Nemo gurumi. I'm sure it'll be adorable.

      Good luck! Thank you for appreciating my pattern. ^^

      Delete
  14. Hello,
    I'm almost at the end of making the body, but I don't understand round 53, 56, 59 and so on.... The rounds that say e.g. "12sc-dec".
    Can you help me out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, I'm more than happy to help.

      Okay, so like the example you gave: 12sc-dec, it means you do 12sc then a decrease and you repeat this until the round ends. If my computation is right, you'll repeat the 12sc then decrease for 4x. This rule applies to the rest of the instructions that have "sc-dec".

      Was that clear? I hope it helps.

      Delete
  15. Hi,
    I wrote you yesterday about the rounds 53 and so on, but I figured it out! I looked at the wrong endnumber, so it didn't make any sense. But now it does and I can continue! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great. I can't wait to see your finished Nemo. I'm sure it'll be awesome. ^^

      Delete
  16. Hi, first I'd like to say that I really love this Nemo. I wanna make it as well, but I do have a question. Did you work in spirals or in rounds closing every round with a slip stitch to start the next round with a chain of one? The reason I ask is because I love your bottom/belly and it doesn't look like it is done in spirals. Because than normally it would look like a little stairs. How did you do that? Hope you can help me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the same colors I do rounds, but when I change I use my chameleon stitch. It's kinda like a stitch I came up a long time ago so changing color, like you said, won't look like stairs. Someone may have already come up with this before me, but so far I haven't encountered any so I went ahead and gave it a name; the chameleon stitch. Hehehe! ^^

      You can actually see the instruction for the chameleon stitch under "Little Guide" on my side bar. But to be more precise, here's how I do it: I change color before I end a round. So for the last stitch, instead of pulling the same color of yarn (Color A) through the loops I use the other color (Color B) to complete the sc. Then you start the round with an sl, 1ch, and an sc in the same stitch. That counts as the first round and then you proceed normally.

      I'm not that good with technical terms so... Yah. Was that clear? Because if not, I won't mind coming up with illustrations or a video.

      Delete
  17. WoW, what an awesome pattern. Did you work in spirals or in rounds closing every round with al slip stitch to start the next round with a chain of one? You belly looks great, not like a stair which you normally have when you work in spirals. How did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello, I really love your Nemo! )Can´t wait for Dory :D )
    I finished the body and tail yesterday. I am using crochet cotton and hook 2,5 mm.
    Can I translate the pattern in Dutch? Some paople asked me because they can't follow english patterns. Please let me know.

    Regards Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, no problem. Just make sure to link it back to my blog.

      Delete
  19. Hi, first of all thank you for the pattern, love it!
    I'm stuck on the actual first round of the broken fin, it says 5ch but when i start the 1st round it seems i have a chain missing, i don't know what I'm doing wrong, i managed to do the other fin though. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Is this a rush project? If so, I cannot answer right away as I need to double check my notes. So sorry about this. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. T_T

      Delete
  20. No don't worry, I've actually resolved that but i have a problem on the rnd 10 of the dorsal fin. I noticed that each stitch Gore's on the correspondent colour (the 2 black sc then the 7 orange sc ...) but the black ones? And the white stitches? The dorsal fin c has 18 stitches (which 4 will be used to join a and d) but if i use the 4 black ones and the 12 white sc (6+6) there will be 2 stitches missing on the dorsal c. Not sure if it's clear. Just reply when you can. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hola como estas? Me encanta tu nemo, quería saber si tenes algún vídeo de como lo hiciste. Se me complica por el idioma no lo entiendo, igualmente trato de hacerlo pero hay cosas que no entiendo. Te agradezco mucho, saludos desde argentina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, but I don't have a video for this pattern. But I'll do the best I can to help you. Have you started?

      Lo siento, pero no tengo un video para este patrón. Pero haré lo mejor que pueda para ayudarte. ¿Haz empezado?

      Delete
  22. Appreciation to my father who informed me about this website, this web
    site is really remarkable.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm having difficulty understanding the instructions for the right fin. How do I go from ch21 to ending on 44 in rnd 1?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After you do the 21 ch, you will do Rnd 1 around it. Like what you would do in a magic circle. ^^

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I see you actually explained this to someone earlier. Loving this project. Will post a photo of my finished Nemo when it's done.

      Delete
    3. No problem. I'd love to see your finished Nemo. I can't wait. ^v^

      Delete
  24. Hi! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering which
    blog platform are you using for this site? I'm getting
    fed up of Wordpress because I've had problems with hackers and I'm
    looking at alternatives for another platform. I would
    be awesome if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

    ReplyDelete
  25. How did you do the color change? I'm having difficulties in round 35 onwards. Can you help me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, no problem. I call that the chameleon stitch, it's in my little guide list at the side.

      So what you do is when you're on the count that has to change color, use the other color when you're about to "yarn over". You do 1 sl, 1 ch, then sc in the same stitch. Then continue the round as instructed. You just have to do that on the st where you do the transition of color.

      Delete
    2. Ok, but how to do this with only 1sc? because as of round 36, I have to do only 1sc in black. Help me please ����

      Delete
    3. You will really do all those stitches in one st...

      For example in Rnd 35, after you do the 12sc-dec using Raven for two times, when you're about to do the 12 sc using Fire, instead of yarning over with Raven you will be using Fire. With Fire on your hook, on the next st or the start of the 12 sc with Fire, you do 1 slip stitch, 1 chain stitch and 1 single stitch all in one st. This counts as one for the 12 sc using Fire, then you sc the rest of the 11.

      If the chameleon stitch is too hard for you, you can try this: https://www.wikihow.com/Change-Colors-when-Crocheting

      Delete
  26. Quando está (corvo - fogo) é pra fazer as 2 cores juntas.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, this piece of writing is good, my younger sister is analyzing these kinds of things, thus I am going to let know her.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have some Disney books to give to my great-grandson and one is Nemo. Great pattern. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Please help me with the tail. How do I go from rows to rounds? I'm so confused. do I go all around the tail peices. That doest seem right.

    ReplyDelete
  30. My friend's great grandson is severely handicapped - and loves loves loves NEMO ... and I would love to make this for him.

    I am not very good at crochet - and wonder if there is a video on making this gorgeous pillow??

    Thank you very much for sharing your awesome creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello today I started making nemo. Very nice. I just don't understand round 13 of the body. Sorry ... but will you explain it to me?
    Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gracias por el patrón está hermoso voy a empezar

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hello. i would like to know how to do 10sc-inc please

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hola me pareció un trabajo verdaderamente hermoso. Complicado pero eso es lo que le da su calidad y belleza felicitaciones espero me salga igual

    ReplyDelete

 

The Duchess' Hands Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template