Blogger Widgets

626 and 624

For my roommate's birthday I thought I should make her something special. Well, we've been sharing the same room for more than a year so I think the gesture's just right.

From the stories she told me, I got to know that her current boyfriend is her first love and has loved him ever since they were like teens. But they never exactly ended up together. Short version: After five years of being sweethearts in high school, for some reason they parted ways then eventually married the wrong people and ended up not being so happy. Yah... Nicholas Spark's ears are tingling. Hahaha! ^^ Anyway, it has been more than two decades but they finally reconnected and got back together, having this long-distance relationship ever since. Oh, no strings attached. Apparently both of them failed their marriages and got separated. Sigh! First love is really hard to forget.


Since my roommate's boyfriend is from Hawaii I decided to make couple keychain amigurumis of Stitch and Angel. The compatible experiments, 626 and 624.
I though it would be awesome to give her something puppy love-ish to help her rekindle her sweet, young love days. Aaw! -^.^-
So with Serah Basnet's Super Ted pattern as base, I put my project into action.

(Click for Pattern)

STITCH/ANGEL
Materials:
Monaco Yarn Shade #232 - Lemonade (1 skein)
Monaco Yarn Shade #49 - Peacock (1-2 skeins)
Monaco Yarn Shade #35 - Bubblegum (1-2 skeins)
Monaco Yarn Shade #40 - Celeste (1 skein)
Monaco Yarn Shade #31 - Flamingo (1 skein)
Monaco Yarn Shade #44 - Navy (1 skein)
Monaco Yarn Shade #26 - Periwinkle (1 skein)
Crochet Hook - D3 (3.25 mm)
Felt cloth:
           - Black
           - White
Keychain hooks
Fiberfill stuffing
*hdcinc = 2hdc in 1 st
*3tr1 = 3tr in 1st
*3dc1 = 3dc in 1st

HEAD
(Peacock/Bubblegum)
Rnd 1: 6sc in mr (6)
Rnd 2: inc around (12)
Rnd 3: 1sc-inc (18)
Rnd 4: 2sc-inc (24)
Rnd 5: 3sc-inc (30)
Rnd 6: 4sc-inc (36)
Rnd 7: 5sc-inc (42)
Rnd 8-13: sc around (42)
Rnd 14: 5sc-dec (36)
Rnd 15: 4sc-dec (30)
Rnd 16: 3sc-dec (24)
Rnd 17: 2sc-dec (18)
Rnd 18: 1sc-dec (12)
FO, leave tail for sewing
*Use Navy/Periwinkle to embroider the nose at the center of the head

EYE PATCH (2x)

(Celeste/Flamingo)
Rnd 1: 6sc in mr (6)
Rnd 2: inc around (12)
Rnd 3: 1sc, inc, 1hdc, 1hdcinc, 4dc, 1hdcinc, 1hdc, inc, 1sc (16)
FO, leave tail for sewing
*Cut out circles from black and white felt cloth and glue on the eye patches

LEGS (2x)

(Peacock/Bubblegum)
Rnd 1: 6sc in mr (6)
Rnd 2: 1sc-2inc (10)
Rnd 3-5: sc around (10)
FO, weave in ends
*Use Navy/Periwinkle to embroider the nails

*After completing the two legs, sl them together
*Continue rounds to the body

BODY

(Peacock/Bubblegum)
Rnd 6-10: sc around (18)
Rnd 11: 1sc-dec (12)
FO, weave in ends

BELLY PATCH

(Celeste/Flamingo)
Rnd 1: 4sc in mr (4)
Rnd 2: inc, 2hdcinc, inc (8)
FO, leave tail for sewing

ARMS (2x)

(Peacock/Bubblegum)
Rnd 1: 6sc in mr (6)
Rnd 2-5: sc around (6)
FO, leave tail for sewing
*Use Navy/Periwinkle to embroider the nails

OUTER EARS (2x)

(Peacock/Bubblegum)
12ch
Rnd 1: 1hdc on 3rd ch from hook, 2hdc, 3dc, 3tr, 3tr1, 3tr, 3dc, 3hdc (21)
FO, leave tail for sewing 

INNER EARS (4x)

(Lemonade)
9ch
Rnd 1: 1sc on 2nd ch from hook, 1sc, 3hdc, 2dc, 3dc1, 2dc, 3hdc, 3sc (17)
FO, leave tail for sewing

TAIL

(Peacock/Bubblegum)
Rnd 1: 6sc in mr (6)
Rnd 2: sc around (6)
FO, leave tail for sewing

ANGEL ANTENNA (2x)

(Periwinkle)
Rnd 1: 4sc in mr (4)
Rnd 2-3: sc around (4)
(Bubblegum)
Rnd 4-6: sc around (4)
FO, leave tail for sewing

KEYCHAIN STRAP

(Peacock/Bubblegum)
8ch
Row 1: sc on 2nd ch from hook, 6sc (7)
FO, leave tail for sewing
*Pull the strap through the keychain loop then stitch on the head

Here are Stitch and Angel with no keychain hooks yet...

And here they are with the keychain hooks already attached.
If your asking how my roommate reacted to the gift... Well, let's just say she took like a bajillion pictures of the amigurumis and that was on a hectic day. Imagine if she had more time in her hands? She'd probably create a whole library. 'Nuff said! Hahaha! ^.^ But seriously, I'm really glad that she loved it, I just hope her boyfriend takes it the same way. Aww man! I'm praying he's a Disney fan. O_O



Copyright: Stitch (626) and Angel (624) are original patterns written by Duchess Gala with adaptation from Serah Basnet's Super Ted pattern. You may do whatever you want with the finished product but please do not sell or claim the pattern as your own. Also, do not post the pattern directly to your website. Just link it to this blog. ^^

Disclaimer: Some of the images are not mine and can be searched online

62 Comments:

  1. How cute!!! the're gorgeous and really cool, congratulations! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola tu no vendes esos muñequillo de crochet... Quiero unos iguales??

      Delete
    2. on the ears does 3 hdc go in to one stitch and 3 dc goes in to one stitch and 3 tr go in to one stitch or what

      Delete
    3. You work up one side of the chain 3tr in last stitch then down the other side of the chain

      Delete
  2. Adorable! I'm going to make this and I'm definitely 100% sure that a lot people are going to ask for these!! Thank you for the free pattern! :D :D :D They're so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. Just don't forget to mention my blog. Spread the love! ^^ Hehehe

      Delete
  3. Very cute and adorable. can i made this for my son and his classmates. Maybe for christmas present or birthday gift?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, use this pattern as much as you like. Just don't forget to link this blog if you wish to post your work online. Enjoy!!! ^^

      Delete
  4. Hi =) thank you very much for your tutorial. I just wondered if you could give me a DMC conversion for thread or at least a website where I could buy Monaco threads please =) I live in France ^^ thank you !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked my pattern. That means a lot to me. ^^ Monaco yarn is manufactured locally in my country (Philippines) and I'm not sure if they sell online... Probably they export in bulk but in smaller quantities, I don't know. But here's the website in case you want to inquire: http://www.monaco.com.ph/acrylic.php. I'm not familiar with the DMC thread... Is that the fine one they use for doilies? If so then that would be hard to convert. You can just use any yarn as long as it fits perfectly with a 3.25mm hook. I hope this helps. ^^

      Delete
    2. Do you ask for offers if so how much

      Delete
    3. Do you mean if I sell my amigurumis or do commissions? As of now no, I just crochet as a hobby. ^^

      Delete
  5. I don't understand the part of the inner and outer ears, could you explain in more detailed? It says 12 ch for outer ears, but the instructions need about 18 ch ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After you chain 12 for the outer ears, you will work on it like a round. From your hook count 3 stitches, then on that third stitch you will do a half-double crochet. Follow the rest of the pattern as it goes around the other side of the chain.

      If it still seems confusing, just let me know. ^^

      Delete
    2. I reach the end of the chain at the part of tr, how do I continue?

      Delete
    3. Could you maybe post a video or a step-by-step picture of the outer ear and inner ear? It's quite urgent, it's for my friend

      Delete
    4. Are you on the part of the 3tr1? After the 3tr1, just work on the other side of the chain. If you notice, a chain has two posts. So the part where you do the half-double crochet on the third chain from hook and the stitches afterwards until 3tr1 will be done on half of that post. The rest of the stitches will be done on the other half. You just go around the other side.

      Is that clearer? Sorry if I can't explain it that well. If it's still confusing I'll think of some other way to help you. No worries. ^^

      Delete
    5. http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q706/kryssie1011/Stitch%20-%20Outer%20Ears_zpsqysutoxf.jpg

      I hope this helps... The same process applies to the inner ear.

      I was supposed to make the video but my schedule is so crazy right now. If you're not much in a hurry, I'd be able to make and post the video online on Friday if you're still having trouble. ^^

      Delete
    6. Thanks a lot! I've finished the head but it doesn't look as nice as yours does, though XD

      Delete
    7. That's great! I'm glad you pulled through with the ears. ^^ I'm sure your friend will love it.



      Delete
    8. Sry for interupt.. Im a begininer, I dun really understand the shortform meaning.. 2hdc,3tr,3dc etc.. Means what? And the number (12) as well

      Delete
    9. No problem, I don't mind at all. ^^

      2hdc = do a half-double crochet on each of the next two stitches

      3tr = do a treble (triple) crochet on each of the next three stitches

      3dc = do a double crochet on each of the next three stitches

      What other abbreviations are you having difficulty with?

      The (12) indicates the number of stitches that should be in a round. Like if you do round 11 of the body, when you trace back and count the stitches, it should only have 12. Otherwise, it means you did something wrong. It helps make sure that you're following the pattern correctly. ^^

      Delete
    10. Thanks,sorry, I have a trouble in the 3tr1 part, hw do I continue?

      Delete
    11. Someone also had the same problem. I told her to look into this diagram I made as a guide. I hope it helps. ^^

      http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q706/kryssie1011/Stitch%20-%20Outer%20Ears_zpsqysutoxf.jpg

      Delete
  6. OMYGOD they're SO ADORABLE!! Thank you for sharing your pattern, I will be making these for.my granddaughters as well as myself!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, do u have crochet video for stitch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, but I didn't make a video tutorial for this. Why? What part are you having difficulty with?

      Delete
    2. Hi, I m a beginner, im quite confusing of where to start my crochet when I not doing with video tutorial. I dun really understand all the shortform and the symbol meaning.. Eg. #41 , (12), 3tr, 2hdc, mr, 2dc and etc.. Sry for trouble, I really wish to learn bt I cant :(

      Delete
    3. 3tr,3tr1 ,3dc1 part.. Having problems.. Dun knw hw to crochet 3dc1,3tr1

      Delete
  8. Totally making these as a gift for my sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is there any other yarn that you would recommend for this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I've only used Monaco Acrylic and haven't tried any other yarn. But I guess you could experiment on a different brand as long as its a 4-ply skein.

      Delete
  10. hola me encanto su trabajo q medida aprox queda el llavero?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I hope you don't mind me answering in English. Sorry, I've never got the chance to learn Spanish.

      Okay the keychain is approximately 4.5 inches, but if you include Angel's antenna to the measurement it'll be more or less 5 inches.

      Delete
  11. Whats mean 3tr1? Please help me😢

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't cry. Hahaha -^.^-

      It means you do 3 treble crochets in 1 stitch. -^.^-

      Delete
  12. Whats mean 3tr1? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. Buenas tardes!!Duquesa.. Significados en español de estas abreviaturas:hdc,hacinc,dc,tr....te comento para mi sc:punto bajo,inc:2 puntos juntos,dec:disminución. Pero lo que puse arriba no lo entiendo.. Agradecería tu respuesta... Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I have no idea how to speak Spanish but I'm gonna put my money on Google Translate and hope for the best.

      If I understood your question right, you want the Spanish equivalents of the pattern codes you mentioned? If that's the case then here they are:

      hdc = Medio punto alto
      hdcinc = dos medio punto alto en uno punto
      dc = punto alto
      tr = punto alto doble

      Are these the only ones you need? I hope I understood this right. XD

      Delete
  14. Thanks for the tutorial. I love it.
    I have problem at the making of the outer ear. It said,12 ch etc... do i have to make a circle first from 12 ch or....?
    Thank you for your attention

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a circle, more like an unfinished oblique. After the 12ch, you just crochet around until you finish both sides of the chain then fasten off and leave a tail for sewing. It goes around but it ends at the last stitch.

      Did that help? ^^

      Delete
  15. You are so supportive with your answers to all these questions. For all thode enquiring about basic crochet stitches and abbreviations they can be found online or in crochet books. It's a good idea for beginners to try easier projects first.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How tall are the finishing product? Love your work BTW 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks so much. ^^

      The amigurumi is not that tall, just about 4 to 5 inches. ^^

      Delete
  17. Hola muy lindo trabajo.pero también tengo problemas con las abreviaturas.😭😭😭😭😭

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you like my pattern. Ah yes, the abbreviations can be a little tricky. Which part is the most confusing for you? I'll explain it the best I can.

      Delete
  18. thank you so much for sharing the pattern,, i've been looking for a pattern for 626 and getting 624 as well is indeed a bonus! 😊 i'll be doing a pair for my brother and his fiancee,, 😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  19. I luv this, and thank you for all the clarification posts. I was confused with the ears also but after going through the posts I've figured it out. Thank you so much and you're awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's a pity you don't have a donate button!
    I'd most certainly donate to this superb blog!
    I suppose for now i'll settle for book-marking and
    adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to brand new updates and will talk about this website with my Facebook group.

    Chat soon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Where do you add the nose ?? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello,
    My name is Rita van Someren and I am from The Netherlands. On Facebook I do manage a Dutch group with Dutch translations of crochet patterns. Many members in my group do love to crochet, however most of them are unable to read, write and understand the English language. Therefore I started my group and offer my members Dutch translations. I do that only for patterns of which I do have the permission to translate the pattern.
    One of my members came across your pattern for Stitch/Angel
    http://duchessgala.blogspot.com/2014/11/626-and-624.html and asked me if I can translate it to Dutch.
    Can I have your permission and may I share it in my group (with link to your Blog)? If you accept, I can provide you the Dutch version in a PDF file.
    Hope to hear from you soon. You can contact me by email rita.van.someren@xs4all.nl
    Thanks in advance and warm greetings,
    Rita van Someren

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello,
    My name is Rita van Someren and I am from The Netherlands. On Facebook I do manage a Dutch group with Dutch translations of crochet patterns. Many members in my group do love to crochet, however most of them are unable to read, write and understand the English language. Therefore I started my group and offer my members Dutch translations. I do that only for patterns of which I do have the permission to translate the pattern.
    One of my members came across your pattern for Stitch/Angel
    http://duchessgala.blogspot.com/2014/11/626-and-624.html and asked me if I can translate it to Dutch.
    Can I have your permission and may I share it in my group (with link to your Blog)? If you accept, I can provide you the Dutch version in a PDF file.
    Hope to hear from you soon. You can contact me by email rita.van.someren@xs4all.nl
    Thanks in advance and warm greetings,
    Rita van Someren

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your abbreviations are very confusing for me
    e.g. 3tr1 - does that mean 3 triples in 1 stitch?
    e.g. 2hdc - are you doing 2 hdc in same or 2 separate stitches?

    Also on legs
    Rnd 2: 1sc-2inc (10) - huh? like 3 doesnt go into 10. Unless you meant it like 2sc X 4 then sc X 2 = 10?

    ReplyDelete
  25. INNER EARS (4x)

    () (light pink)

    9ch

    Rnd 1: 1sc on 2nd ch from hook, 1sc, 3hdc, 2dc, 3dc1, 2dc, 3hdc, 3sc (17)

    Round 1 with what you've written out = 18 not 17

    ReplyDelete
  26. Why are there no instructions for assembly - e.g. what row to place the arms? you just have leave a tail for sewing. Not very help

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi, I made your pattern and posted some pictures, I was wondering what would I use to link to you? So you get credit for the pattern. Absolutely amazing pattern also, I loved making it.

    ReplyDelete

 

The Duchess' Hands Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template