Blogger Widgets

Plue

My little brother's been obsessed with the anime Fairytail and I think he finished the manga then downloaded all the episodes. Nerd turd! Hahaha! So with this anime frenzy, he asked me to make him an actual-sized Plue amigurumi. Is it me or his request getting more and more impossible?

He said he wanted to bring Plue to the Toycon in SM Megamall (Which never happened -_-) and put him on his shoulders like a little boy as he walks through the convention. Take note that my brother is two years younger than me and I'm already 25. What does that say? For some, the child in them dies but for others... It continues to rock on. Go baby bro! Hehehe ^^ 

So again with the ideal sphere pattern by Emily Premise-Conclusion as my reference, I was able to create Plue. Well, I actually only used it on the head and body, the rest were all me.

(Click for Pattern) 

To make him in actual size, I opted to use a bigger hook... As in L11 (8mm) bigger hook. This was the first time I used it and it was so awesome. Hehehe! ^^ Okay, for that size of a hook I needed a bulkier yarn and my Monacoes wouldn't do since they're only in 4 ply and 18 grams a skein. I tried looking for thicker, bulkier yarns but I either find them in poor quality or too expensive. What's a crocheter to do? Use 3 skeins of Monaco to make 1 big bulky yarn of course! I'm a genius! Mwahahaha! Ahemm... Anyway, with that brilliant idea, my tentative amount of yarn tripled but definitely not as expensive. It wouldn't even be close to a skein of very bulky yarn costing from Php500-1,000. With this economy... Yah, no thanks!

Anyway, It took a while to get used to balancing all three yarns and making sure it will not hitch, but thankfully it all payed off. So now I present to you Plue, the dog... Snowman... Something from Fairytail.

PLUE
Materials:
*Like I said, I put together 3 skeins and used them as one to fit perfectly with the huge L11 hook. So if I were to make Plue in normal amigurumi size with let's say a F5 or G6 hook then the 12-15 skeins of yarn would only be equivalent to 4-5. Just divide it by 3. Whew! Maths is tough. Hehehe ^^
Monaco Yarn Shade #1 - Snow (12-15 skeins)
Monaco Yarn Shade #13 - Honey (3-6 skeins)
Monaco Yarn Shade #232 - Lemonade (3 skeins)
Crochet Hook - L11 (8 mm)
Felt cloth:
           - Black
           - Pink
Black thread
Fiberfill stuffing

HEAD
(Snow)
Rnd 1: 6sc in mr (6)
Rnd 2: inc around (12)
Rnd 3: 1sc-inc (18)
Rnd 4: 1sc, inc, 2sc, inc, 3sc, inc, 2sc, inc, 3sc, inc, 2sc (23)
Rnd 5: 1sc, inc, [3sc-inc] 5x, 1sc (29)
Rnd 6: 4sc, inc, [5sc-inc] 4x (34)
Rnd 7: 4sc, inc, 5, inc, [6sc-inc] 3x, 2sc (39)
Rnd 8: 6sc, inc, 8sc, inc, [9sc-inc] 2x, 3sc (43)
Rnd 9: 3sc, inc, 9sc, inc, [10sc-inc] 2x, 7sc (47)
Rnd 10: 6sc, inc, 14sc, inc, 15sc, inc, 9sc (50)
Rnd 11: 9sc, inc, 15sc, inc, 16sc, inc, 7 (53)
Rnd 12: 5sc, inc, 16sc, inc, 17sc, inc, 12sc (56)
Rnd 13: 12sc, inc, 27sc, inc, 15sc (58)
Rnd 14: 17sc, inc, 40sc (59)
Rnd 15-17: sc around (59)
Rnd 18: 40sc, dec, 17sc (58)
Rnd 19: 15sc, dec, 27sc, dec, 12sc (56)
Rnd 20: 12sc, dec, 17sc, dec, 16sc, dec, 5sc (53)
Rnd 21: 7sc, dec, 16sc, dec, 15sc, dec, 9sc (50)
Rnd 22: 9sc, dec, 15sc, dec, 14sc, dec, 6sc (47)
Rnd 23: 7sc, [dec-10sc] 2x, dec, 9sc, dec, 3sc (43)
Rnd 24: 3sc, [dec-9sc] 2x, dec, 8sc, dec, 6sc (39)
Rnd 25: 2sc, [dec-6sc] 3x, dec, 5sc, dec, 4sc (34)
Rnd 26: [dec-5sc] 4x, dec, 4sc (29)
FO, weave in ends

NOSE
(Honey)
Rnd 1: 6sc in mr (6)
Rnd 2: sc around (6)
Rnd 3: 1sc-inc (9)
Rnd 4: sc around (9)
Rnd 5: 2sc-inc (12)
Rnd 6: sc around (12)
Rnd 7: 3sc-inc (15)
Rnd 8: sc around (15)
Rnd 9: 4sc-inc (18)
Rnd 10: sc around (18)
FO, leave tail for sewing

BODY
(Snow)
Rnd 1: 6sc in mr (6)
Rnd 2: inc around (12)
Rnd 3: 1sc-inc (18)
Rnd 4: 1sc, inc, 2sc, inc, 3sc, inc, 2sc, inc, 3sc, inc, 2sc (23)
Rnd 5: 1sc, inc, [3sc-inc] 5x, 1sc (29)
Rnd 6: 4sc, inc, [5sc-inc] 4x (34)
Rnd 7-9: sc around (34)
Rnd 10:  [dec-5sc] 4x, dec, 4sc (29)
Rnd 11-20: sc around (29)
FO, leave tail for sewing

ARMS/HANDS (2x)
(Snow)
Rnd 1: 5sc in mr (5)
Rnd 2: inc around (10)
Rnd 3-4: sc around (10)
Rnd 5: dec around (5)
Rnd 6-7: sc around (5)
Rnd 8: inc, 3sc, inc (7)
Rnd 9-11: sc around (7)
Rnd 12: 2inc, 3sc, 2inc (11)
Rnd 13-15: sc around (11)
Rnd 16: 3hdc, 5sl, 3hdc (11)
FO, leave tail for sewing

FINGERS (6x)
(Snow)
Rnd 1: 6sc in mr (6)
Rnd 2: inc around (12)
Rnd 3: sc around (12)
FO, leave tail for sewing

PALM (2x)
(Lemonade)
Rnd 1: 6sc in mr (6)
Rnd 2: inc around (12)
FO, leave tail for sewing

LEGS (2x)
(Snow)
Rnd 1: 6sc in mr (6)
Rnd 2: inc around (12)
Rnd 3: 1sc-inc (18)
Rnd 4: 7sc, 4hdc, 7sc (18)
Rnd 5: 6sc, 3dec, 6sc (15)
Rnd 6: [4sc, 3dec, 5sc] *repeat in reverse for other foot (12)
Rnd 7: 4sc, 2dec, 4sc (10)
Rnd 8-9: sc around (10)
Rnd 10: 3sc, 4inc, 3sc (14)
Rnd 11-12: sc around (14)
Rnd 13: 5sc, 4inc, 5sc (18)
Rnd 14: sc around (18)
FO, leave tail for sewing

TAIL
(Snow)
Rnd 1: 7sc in mr (7)
Rnd 2-8: sc around (7)
FO, leave tail for sewing
I finished Plue in less than a month which was really not bad considering all the drama with my job and occasional procrastination slash laziness. Yey for me!

So my little brother was psyched with the new addition to his anime amigurumi collection and I couldn't be happier myself. All modesty aside, I think that I did an awesome job. I couldn't be more proud.



Copyright: Plue is an original pattern written by Duchess Gala with adaptation from Emily Premise-Conclusion's Ideal Sphere pattern. You may do whatever you want with the finished product but please do not sell or claim the pattern as your own. Also, do not post the pattern directly to your website. Just link it to this blog. ^^ 

Disclaimer: Some of the images are not mine and can be searched online

20 Comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hmm... Well, he's big enough for me to carry him over my shoulders like a toddler. I'm 5'4.5" and I'm estimating he's almost as tall as my lower leg. Yup! Pretty big. Hehehe! ^^

      Delete
  2. Can I have some help with the Body part of this pattern? It only lists 9 rows, but I can see by the photos that the body has more rows than this. please help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Help me please! the body pattern only has 9 rows? thats not right, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... You make a fair point. But I currently don't have my scribbled copy of the pattern. Are you in a hurry? I'll only be able to get back to you as early as Friday night. All my crocheting stuff are back at my hometown and I only come home during the weekends. I'm really sorry. T.T But based on what I see... I think you should sc around until Rnd 20. Really, really sorry. >_<' I promise to confirm this ASAP.

      Delete
    2. Okay, probably make that Rnd 18. I don't see any signs of decreases after Rnd 9 so I guess it's all sc around. Again, so sorry. T_T

      Delete
    3. Thanks! Thats what I thought and ended up adding another 20 rows. Thought I was going crazy! (also sorry for all the repeated posts my screen wasn't publishing them but apparently it was!)

      Delete
    4. Oh, that's because I haven't published it yet. Sorry, I didn't see your post right away so I wasn't able to moderate it. It's ok, I don't really mind. Anyway, I'll just confirm the right rounds when I get my hands on Plue's scribbled pattern. ^^

      Delete
    5. Sorry for the delay. So I reviewed my scribbled pattern of Plue and I had to correct a few rounds in the body. Like you said, it's really up to Rnd 20 and there's a Rnd 7-9 sc around instead of just one. I've already put in the changes. I hope I didn't mess up your project. Really, so, so sorry. T_T

      Delete
    6. Not at all! I ended up doing more rounds in the body than you said in your reply, so he is a little skinny and tall. lol.

      I wasn't sure what to do with the feet between round 4 and 5 (the total stitches don't add up) so I just did 3dec instead of the one mentioned to make the stitches work.

      But he turned out fine! So totally cute - thanks for the great pattern :)

      Delete
    7. I'm so glad to hear that. ^^ Still, I need to apologize for this. I should've been more careful typing my pattern. Anyway, thanks so much for pointing the errors out. I'll do another re-check to make sure and smooth out the errors. ^^

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh I'm so happy! Thank you for posting your beautiful pattern for free! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what do you mean with those brackets in row 5 of the head Rnd 5: 1sc, inc, [3sc-inc] 5x, 1sc (29)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The [3sc-inc] 5x? It means that you do 3sc and inc for 5 times. It's actually written like this: 3sc, inc, 3sc, inc, 3sc, inc, 3sc, inc, 3sc, inc. I opted to simplify it to make it less confusing and space consuming. I hope that helped. ^^

      Delete
  6. I'm having some troubles with row 23 on the head... what does [dec-10] x2 mean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It means you do a decrease then 10 single crochets for two times. ^^

      Delete
  7. How did you attach the felt pieces?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did you attach the felt pieces?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

 

The Duchess' Hands Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template