Blogger Widgets

Girabbit

I had my fill of weird requests since I started making amigurumis, and I guess it's safe to say that by far... This was the weirdest. O_O

A combination of giraffe and rabbit in one amigurumi... High? Probably. ^^


So that was my sister-in-law's request for her birthday and of course I said "Yes, I'll do it!". In fairness to her, bizarre as it may be, that giraffe, rabbit... Girabbit idea has a rather sweet meaning. It's what she and my second eldest brother tease each other... Him a giraffe and she a rabbit. Need I say more? Hehehe! ^^


Anyway, I opted to make the Girabbit really cute and kawaii so I looked into lots of references and did some sketches. It took more than 3 weeks but I finally figured out how I wanted my sister-in-law's gift done. 

The bow, blush and girly felt eyes were just last minute add-ons. Originally I wanted it plain but then I remembered my sister-in-law really loves sweet kawaii stuff. ^^ 

So that's about it, a Girabbit for my dear sister-in law. Of course she loved it and thought it was really cute. Yup! All in a day's work. ^^

Ooh fun fact! Did you know that J.R.R. Tolkien, author of the Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit, wrote a book called "Mr. Bliss."  What about it?


Found this description at the Tolkien Library:


"Mr. Bliss, a man notable for his immensely tall hats and for the girabbit in his garden, takes the whimsical decision to buy a motor car. But his first drive to visit friends quickly becomes a catalogue of disasters. Some of these could be blamed on Mr. Bliss’ style of driving, but even he could not anticipate being hi-jacked by three bears."


See that? Amazing isn't it? Really fascinating for someone who wrote about great wars in the middle earth of hobbits, elves, dwarves, and orcs, to actually imagine something eccentric as Mr. Bliss and his pet girabbit. J.R.R. Tolkien is truly, hands down awesome.

This Girabbit may be the weirdest amigurumi I ever made but it's certainly the cutest, most adorable and kawaiiest. Hehehe -^o^-



 Disclaimer: Some of the images are not mine and can be searched online

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Duchess' Hands Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template